Friday, January 19, 2018

My Entrepreneurship Story

Back when I was in the 8th grade, my English teacher tasked us with creating a community service project. My friend, Michael, and I partnered up for this project. After some brain storming, we decided we wanted to create a project to benefit the humane society. So we created a bake sale event that would have all proceeds go towards the Humane Society. Throughout the weeks prior to the event, we put up advertisements at local supermarkets to try to draw in the largest crowd possible. It was an interesting project and I learned a lot, but it was also very difficult.

I enrolled in ENT 3003 because I'm looking to possibly pick up a minor in entrepreneurship. The concept of being my own boss seems extremely appealing because I can create my own schedule and control my own success. My goals for this class are mainly to help develop the skills I need to create my own business. I'm sort of confused about the process of actually becoming an entrepreneur, so I'm hoping to gain some clarity. I am also looking to inspire some creativity and how to think of solutions to common problems.

Image result for /be your own boss

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark,
    I think it's great that you have already had some experience with entrepreneurship! Like you said through experience you can gain lots of valuable knowledge. I really liked how you thought to advertise your sale and attract customers. Minoring in entrepreneurship sounds like a great idea and will defiantly help you in the business world. I am also looking to develop my for my future career. I am excited to be working together this semester and look forward to reading more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete