Friday, February 23, 2018

12A – Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1 Submit Assignment

Interview 1: My segment is focusing more on the currently employed, younger individuals who are interested in regional seminars. This person does admit to having a possible need for my proposed service. He believes that this need becomes most apparent when looking for other possible jobs or looking to improve his overall value to the company. He provided an example of when a company is going through some layoffs. During these times, it's best to present yourself as having an irreplaceable skill set. He says he usually just does research on the internet when he realizes he has an unmet need. He says he would just google search things like increasing your value to companies and other searches similar to that. He has not really talked to friends or family about attending a seminar like this.

Interview 2: The second person that I talked to is very strongly against the idea of utilizing lots of artificial intelligence in the work place. So he does have the problem and realizes that it would be in his best interest to learn the skills of adapting to different career fields. Whenever companies start moving towards an automated workforce, the need becomes more apparent. He says seminars would be helpful in his time of need because he couldn't really afford to be out of work for too long. He says that he mostly just thinks of relevant marketing that he has recently seen when he thinks of the problem, so effective marketing will be important to reach customers like this. He said he would search forms of education available to adults.

Interview 3: This person is an employed blue collar worker, who says he is always looking for ways to improve himself. He also agrees that he needs to diversify his skills because of the trend of increasing artificial intelligence in the work place. He says he does not want to be easily replaceable. He believes this need will be more salient in the pretty near future, but realizes it's something he should start preparing for  now. He commented that he usually solves his problems by searching solutions out on the internet. He would normally search out forms of higher education seminars when looking for things like my solution.

I'd say that people who are in my segment are pretty aware of the issue at hand. They may not be currently doing anything about it, but that's what my idea is for. I believe they would find all the information they needed, if my solution actually existed because I would try to connect my solution to what they told me.

1 comment:

  1. HI Mark,

    I think you picked a great segment for this post and I feel you received very valuable feedback from your interviews. Your blog was clear and concise and this made it easy to understand your points and ideas. I feel you have a great idea and I think you can use the information you collected to improve the execution of your idea.

    ReplyDelete