Friday, February 23, 2018

13A – Reading Reflection No. 1

Elon Musk

1.) I would say that it surprised me to read that Elon Musk was once put in a position that he had to choose between continuing with Tesla or SpaceX. This was surprising to me because as long as I have been being attention, both have existed. I liked that Elon Musk was willing to go out on a limb to achieve his dreams during a time that most entrepreneurs weren't taking many risks. The only thing that I didn't like from the biography was that Elon sometimes doesn't sympathize well with his employees. He definitely faced adversity and he pushed through and always found away. He faced monetary issues and push back from people who thought he was crazy, but he carried on.

2.) Elon Musk is definitely a big time science nerd and knows what it takes to change the world. I would describe him as an improviser and someone who pushes through at all costs. He has a diversified skill set that can be used in lots of fields. Elon Musk possesses a work ethic that few have.

3.) I wouldn't say there was much that confused me, but I found Elon Musk's suspicion of Google's robots to be a little strange.

4.) I would start off by asking him when he realistically expects America to move to having all electric cars because oil companies are so huge in American politics, so it would be interesting to see what he actually thinks. I would also ask him about his castle parties simply because they sound pretty awesome.

5.) I have no doubt that Elon Musk strongly believes in hard work. It is said that he has chewed out an employee for missing an event because his wife was in labor. Elon has also been in a lot of situations where he could've just given up, but he pushed through. I definitely value hard work as well, but Elon is probably a bit more cut throat about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mark! I really liked hearing about the famous entrepreneur Elon Musk. I read a different reading than you so I was interested and glad to hear about another topic. I wish you shared a little more about the readings so I could get a better idea of the reading and Elon. Overall, I did enjoy your blog and your points.

    ReplyDelete